Erk Pod Round Table 10 (episode 151) – Part 2. 86 minutes
This part contains adult themes. Listener discretion is advised.
Hosts: Erk & Drue
Panelists: Orange Tim, Leigh the Voice Over Guy (studio), Richard, Tee, Pip, Stephen, Jim, Shawno, Jen
- Welcome back
- Drue and Orange Tim are enjoying breakfast
- Leigh is adding up the dings and bells of self-promotion
- Fighting over who gets to sit in Pip’s passenger seat.
- Calling shotgun
- Remakes of TV shows for different markets. For instance, the Australian version of “Kath & Kim” was remade into an American version and was canned in Australia after two episodes. It has been panned by American critics.
- Watching Australian TV in the UK
- Dukes of Hazzard and what happened when the two main actors ask for more money and the network sacks them. The show nose-dived and the actors came back but it was too late by that stage.
- Money and acting. Are lower paid actors better than overpaid actors?
- Some TV shows do not know when to die.
- Remembering classic TV shows
- Tee’s old lady fantasy and Erk backs Tee up
- Welcome Shawno & Jen
- What time does the Round Table start?
- Laugh off between Jen and Pip and the Voice Over Guy off between Leigh and Tim?
- The debut of the Erk Pod Horns of FAIL, thanks to Shawno
- Running total on the Ding meter is 27 according to Leigh
- Orange Tim thinks that the last 90 minutes has been an introduction
- The potential NZ Immigration Minister gets himself into a row after two racial slurs against two cultural groups
- What’s going on in November?
- People’s reactions to morphine. Erk doesn’t get the reactions that a lot of other people report.
- Latest US election update
- Skype FAIL
- Music: BORS23 – Fire Train
- Welcome back Skype panelists. Skype FAIL was also ADSL FAIL
- Australian Government proposal for interweb content filtering system without an option to opt-out.
- What should be filtered? What shouldn’t be? Who should decide what is illegal content and what isn’t?
- Are we heading to a Chinese style interweb?
- Parenting and the interweb
- Never growing up and taking an active role in parenting your child
- Mobile phones in school
- Mobile phones after 9/11
- Various ages of consent
- Voting age and compulsory voting
- Pip’s now in the top 100 in her category on iTunes after being banned yesterday
- World record sandwich attempt FAIL in Iran
- Erk’s slow on the Horns of FAIL and Tee gets another plug in for Podcasting for Dummies
- Strange noises that turns out to be Ben the Podcast Trader’s phone
- Various mobile phone ring tones after Stephen gets a phone call at 3am
- Leigh’s running Ding-o-meter count: 32
- An old Doctor Who is coming back?
- Tee taught Erk everything he knows about podcasting
- Music: Firestar – Canadian Celtic Cowboy
- Voicemail (Australia): 02 8003 6905
- Voicemail (US): 661-524-5375 (5ERK)
- Voicemail (Skype): erkpod
- Email: email@example.com
- Channel Erk Facebook Fan Page
- Twitter: @erkpod
Duration: 86 minutes